Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Little Light Reading


Day 217: I got the chain-sawing done. I got the whole lawn mowed. I got the fenceline weed-whacked, and I did it all this morning. With my yard actually looking like a yard instead of a weed farm for a change, I decided to stage a "light reading" shot under the Whatzit Tree, "stage" being the operative word in that sentence. Admittedly, the mosquitoes aren't abundant yet, but in a few weeks, you wouldn't want to sit outside without being covered in bug spray. It's the price you pay for living out here in the dingleberries.

That said, for the last several days, the weather has been unseasonably gorgeous, maybe even a little too warm for those of us who are native to the area. It feels like summer ought to feel, a time for lemonade and straw hats and breezy clothes. And nothing reads better outdoors than a field guide, although Brodo is a bit heavy on the lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment