Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Glowing Gold


Day 239: When the heat pumps were installed, the outdoor unit for the main one needed to be placed smack on top of the Wintergreen and "Gold Dust" Hostas I'd so carefully cultivated. I was more than a little dismayed at the thought, but had no choice but to move them. I lifted as much soil as I could, dropped the shovelsful into dishpans and then replanted them, disturbing the root masses as little as possible. I expected them to suffer something for the transition, or perhaps just up and die.

Maybe it was the soil closer to the front steps. Maybe it was a change in light. Both plants not only reestablished, but burgeoned in their new environments. Or maybe it's the circulating air, product of the heat pump fan. For whatever reason, they like their new homes, and I am very happy about that!

1 comment:

  1. So similar to humans. Moved to NZ from SA........and NZ has been good for and to me :)

    ReplyDelete