Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mount Rainier And Rampart Ridge


Day 27: I have always been a morning person. Even as a youngster, there was no "sleeping in" for me. I loved the quiet of morning, having the run of the house to myself, watching the first shafts of light strike the yellow-painted built-in kitchen table where I sat to do my homework. I found morning light invigorating, fresh, alive and growing with each minute's passage. Morning light fills the spirit and lifts the mood. Oh, my compeers thought it was odd, especially since they looked forward to weekends when they didn't have to get up until nine, ten, even noon. By the time they were gathering for play, I'd ridden my bike to the library and was on my way home with a basketful of books.

With the coming of winter, I have tended to do that "sleeping in" thing more as I get older. When the house is chilly o'mornings, I find it hard to throw back the covers before 5:15, and seldom get out the door before 7. I always have the feeling that the day's half gone already when I get a late start like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment