Wednesday, October 30, 2013

South Bridge



Day 28: After putting in a couple of unscheduled hours in the office this morning, I donned my other hat, drove the opposite direction and went to my second task happy to be out of doors one more time before the weather changes. I took advantage of relatively dry grass to make a patrol for invasive weeds in a part of the Nisqually Land Trust's Ohop Valley property I'd not explored fully, and took the camera and tripod with me in order to make an HDR shot of the southernmost bridge. The northern bridge spans a small backwater, as opposed to the south bridge which crosses the stream itself. In a flood, Ohop Creek leaps from its banks here and sometimes rises high enough to flow across the road. The creek below the bridge has been restored to a natural meander, and the section above the bridge is slated for rehabilitation in the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment