Thursday, December 19, 2013

Brocade



Day 78: I've never won anything at a lottery, never got a prize at Bingo, and if there are 60 attendees at an event and a door prize for each one, my name will invariably be the last one called. I don't have bad luck. I simply don't have any luck at all. That said, I do know some tricks to work a silent auction, and therefore was able to score the one item I coveted when it was offered at the Park Christmas party. This sumptuous piece of heavy Thai brocade (fiber content unknown) is a shawl approximately 44" x 80", and was begging to be part of Capt. Morgan Corbye's wardrobe. I managed to walk away with it for a mere $12. As her official biographer, it would have been unseemly for me to have failed to present the Captain with a gift. Even pirates enjoy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment