Monday, December 9, 2013

G Is For Garland



Day 68: Why didn't I see that coming? Anyone who knows me even half well could have predicted what would go wrong with my plan to put up the Christmas tree today and decorate it tomorrow. I mean, think who we're talking about here. I had brought the tree in from the garage this morning to warm up (even artificial branches are creaky when they're frozen) and then I made a dash out to do errands. After I'd got the groceries put away, I built the tree. That should have been the end of it right there, but no, I dragged out the ornament boxes and told myself, "I'll just put on the garland and mount the cardinal on the top." But as long as I was climbing on and off a chair to string the garland, it made sense to hang the small ornaments as well. And as long as I had that box open, it seemed silly to close it back up again half-full, and by the time I got that done, I was too deeply committed to stop. I finished just in time to make dinner. Yeah, shoulda seen that coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment