Monday, April 14, 2014

Almost Goosed Again



Day 194: While making my first foray into Sundew Cove yesterday, I very nearly got goosed again for not being attentive to my surroundings. It's amazing how well these enormous birds blend into the landscape. Only as I drifted up against one of the logs which supports the Sundew population did I notice Mother Goose on the nest about fifteen feet away. She did not threaten me, but I looked around warily to see if I could spot her mate as I propelled myself away. She did not raise her head from under her wing while I was photographing her. Later in the day, I returned to Sundew Cove and observed from a safe distance that she was still on the nest and had her head up, and appeared more alert to intruders than during our earlier encounter. I did not observe her mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment