Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pirates Of Sundew Cove


Day 193: Ye'd best no' be thinkin' o' prowlin' a'ter th' treasure o' Lake St. Clair. 'Tis under th' eye o' a certain pirate cap'n an' she was out checkin' on it jist t'day.

If there was ever any doubt in the mind of the locals that I mean business about protecting the Sundews which inhabit this lake, it was dispelled today when I h'isted out the colors and made a patrol of all their hangouts. I found a couple of geocaches while I was at it, stopped and talked to my pal Jim from last year, but my main purpose today was to make a survey of the Sundew population and locate Sundew Island if it had gone adrift again. As luck would have it, the island (a few old timbers lashed together as a raft or part of an old dock) was right where I had last seen it. The Sundews, however, are still hibernating.

No comments:

Post a Comment