Saturday, April 12, 2014

Job Done


Day 192: What one job does the Crow despise more than any other? What does she try to postpone until it becomes imperative? What would create in her a desire to lay asphalt or to take a flame thrower to Mother Nature's beauty? There's a hint in this picture, a pretty big one. Have you got it yet? Look at the nice squared-off ends on all those grass blades. Yeah, I mowed. And because it was the first mow of the year (and hopefully only one of four or five), I am celebrating the completion of the job with the only beerish thing I ever drink: Moose Drool brown ale.

Before you get the wrong idea, a six-pack of Moose Drool generally sees me through a year. I couldn't remember how many I had left from last year's purchase, so I bought more this morning. When I put it away, I discovered I still had three in the fridge. I suppose it goes without saying that I'm not a big fan of beer, but Moose Drool goes down smoothly, and a whole bottle is guaranteed to set my eyes off on a stroll across the bridge of my nose to see what's on the other side. One thing's for sure...they won't find any of those yellow lawn daisies now!

No comments:

Post a Comment