Thursday, June 26, 2014

I'll Bet A Buck


Day 268: Bet a buck! See your doe! I had some interesting company while I was paddling around Tanwax Lake day before yesterday, and intended to share this handsome buck in velvet with my readers yesterday, but as things fell out, my internet failed. In any event, he was upstaged by the fledging of the Tree Swallow babies from the House of Chirp (see previous post).

Rather small for a three-point, he was with a doe of similar size. She was the more daring of the two, coming down to the water's edge and working her way along a narrow band of firm ground beneath the scrub. Bucky tested the water with one foot and chickened out, retreating to the safety of dry land. When the doe realized he wasn't following her, she returned to his side and the two went off into the brush together.

No comments:

Post a Comment