Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Moment Of Fledging



Day 268: First let me say that my internet is not fixed, despite the fact that I'm back on. It seems to be a problem in the system and has been referred up the chain of command.

After watching the Tree Swallow parents bringing food to the door for some time, I had a feeling the babies were on the verge of fledging. What I did not expect was that I would be able to capture the moment when the first one took wing. It occurs at 0:4, so watch carefully...and then see the other two youngsters scramble for a view of their sibling in flight!

The House of Chirp is vacant now, and like many parents, I'm both happy and sad as I look at the empty doorway from the kitchen window. Safe travels, younglings! I'll see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment