Sunday, June 29, 2014

Investing In Gardening


Day 272: You would think that at my age, I'd have accumulated just about every tool you could possibly use in a garden. From the looks of my garage, you'd think you were right. However, there are a few implements I've either lost or never owned, and an honest-to-goodness edging blade was among the latter until today. I've always edged my sidewalks with a shovel, excusing the scalloped look under the heading of landscape art. I can't honestly say I did an artful job on the front walk, but at least you can see all of it now!

The boots are also new today, but not a first-time purchase. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my right foot felt wet after I'd gone out in the morning to deliver goodies to the crow board. On examination, I discovered a triangular tear in my kiddy fireman's boots. Duct tape didn't hold, and a second crack developed across the instep. I guess the rubber just got old. Listed as "dairy boots," these don't have a cute insignia, but they'll keep my feet dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment