Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Cool Niche


Day 289: One of the most enjoyable things about geocaching done properly is that it oftentimes takes you to beautiful or significant spots you might otherwise have missed. Pursuit of a cache led me to this "Hidden Waterfall" only a few hundred feet off Skate Creek Road, set in a forested niche and not visible to drivers or cyclists. Never mind that I took the hard way in and discovered a social trail only as I left the site, never mind that I failed to find the proverbial and dreaded "micro in the woods" because it had most likely washed away during the unnamed creek's higher winter flow rate. The hour I spent here was nevertheless a refreshing respite from the heat, plus it got me out of the house. If I'd only thought to bring a towel, I'd have had a quick, icy dunk. Next time! I have to come back for that cache, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment