Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Recognizing Stewardship



Day 296: This weekend, it will be my great privilege to award seven young women with patches recognizing their stewardship of resources at Mount Rainier National Park. They will be volunteering over a two-day period, assisting Park staff with several projects, fulfilling Ranger Quests, and for the educational requirement of the badge, listening to your correspondent blather on about mycoheterotrophy and other botanical marvels.

Until today, I did not know that these badges were ours to distribute. I assumed that Scout honors came from Scout headquarters after some form of documentation was provided to prove that the badge had been rightfully earned. It will be a significant moment for me to have these awards accepted from my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment