Friday, November 21, 2014

Blush


Day 39: I tend to ignore the stock Zygocacti (Christmas red, cerise, vermilion) in preference for the more exotic varieties. And I can't quite tell you which one is my favourite, unless it happens to be what's in bloom at the time. The picotee with its vividly edged white petals is certainly a show-stopper, but the yellow is so unusual that it would be difficult to choose between the two. Then there is "white," in truth a pale shell pink which may deepen depending on the amount of heat and/or light the plant has received during its non-blooming time. Its striking flowers put me in mind of little birds, cockatoos, pink crests and all. Although it lacks the flamboyance of the picotee and the rarity of the yellow, it makes up for it with a delicateness the others cannot claim. Yes, I'd be hard put to decide a favourite among those three.

No comments:

Post a Comment