Saturday, November 22, 2014

Shower With A Friend


Day 40: Several times in the past, I have attempted to keep various Tillandsias alive with only very short-term success. I would either forget to soak them or would put them down to soak and leave them too long, practices which respectively caused them to dry out or rot. I've had this one a year now, and I've learned something: they don't like to bathe. They like to shower instead. My little friend sits in the bathroom window where I am reminded of the care requirements daily, and when I take my shower, I give it a thirty-second rinse in the spray. It is worth mentioning that I take a rather hot shower and surprisingly, the plant has not objected to the temperature of the water and appears to be doing quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment