Thursday, November 13, 2014

Tea-Time


Day 31: Seriously, I had other things to do with my time today, but I got started on this idea and didn't want to quit until I was done. The motivation was an on-line photo group assignment, the last of twenty given to participants at the first of the month. Although I am primarily a coffee drinker, I do enjoy a cup of tea at least once a day. Many of my favourites are difficult to tell apart when laid out on a backing, so I included a number of herbals in this composite as well.

The operative word in that last sentence is "composite." Fourteen images went into the making of this sampler; the background,  twelve close-ups of various teas, and one shot to capture both spoons which were then "lifted" and reinstalled here. I don't have a lot of fancy software, so this meant hours of trimming, erasing and blending, particularly with respect to the spoons.

Starting at 1 o'clock, the teas are
1. Jasmine
2. Sassafras bark
3. Earl Grey
4. Chamomile
5. Goldenseal (home-grown)
6. Chai Spice blend
7. English Breakfast
8. Licorice Spice (licorice root and spices)
9. Pinhead Gunpowder
10. "Floor sweepings" (bag tea, liberated)
11. Peppermint
12. Rose mint (home-grown)

It's time for tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment