Wednesday, November 12, 2014

We Are Not Amused



Day 30: No, we are not amused at all. The power went out about 8:45 last night and stayed out until 2:30 while the wind howled outdoors. The house got cold enough that the Sandbags sandbagged me on either side in the bed, which of course doesn't make for the most restful sleep. Lights are back on now, but I'm writing from the library. Internet is down. Land line is down. Cell service is down! Land line and internet are the same company, and their message would indicate that it may be a while before service is restored, but the loss of cell baffles me. Did the tower blow over?

Winter. I used to love it, but the older I get, the harder it is to get through the season, both physically and emotionally. I don't enjoy camping out in my living room as much as I used to, dammit.

Update: A broken fiber-optic cable was apparently at fault, although I'm not sure how that managed to affect cell service. It has been repaired, and I'm back among the connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment