Sunday, May 17, 2015

Garden Gazing


Day 216: For as long as they've been on the market, I've wanted to add a gazing globe to my garden, but always felt that the pleasure I'd derive from one wasn't proportional to the price. However, a couple of weeks ago, I found a cute little solar-powered model on sale. Okay, it was substantially smaller than what I'd had in mind, but that was offset by the fact that it would shine at night (not that I sit in my yard in the dark...I don't). I was quite pleased with the acquisition, and then a couple of days ago, I happened to find large gazing globes and stands also on sale, and for a price I could justify. The big one isn't solar-powered, but it does have a glow-in-the-dark spiral. Other than bits of driftwood and the occasional attractive boulder, these are the first decorative items I've ever added to my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment