Sunday, November 15, 2015

A Day Of White Surprises


Day 33: The first white surprise this morning was discovering that in response to being brought into a warmer room, White Zygo's largest bud had burst into bloom. Before you can say, "But that's pale pink!" I'd like to explain that the more exotic colours of Christmas Cactus vary in hue from year to year depending on how much light they receive and how cool or warm they've been kept. White nearly always blushes in the growing conditions I provide, and it's such a delicate shade that I can't object to its pinkness in good conscience; a lovely thing deserves admiration, and in fact, she is my strongest grower and largest plant. In contradiction to my expectations as to which would be first to bloom, Yellow looks like it will be last, and will likely open before evening.

As for the other white surprise of the day, it's in my yard: a dusting of snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment