Saturday, November 14, 2015

Second To Bloom


Day 32: Winner of this year's "First to Bloom" award went to Picotee Zygo a week ago, but then the race for second place was on. My money was on Yellow, usually somewhat quicker to mature from bud to blossom, but Scarlet leapt out in front and maintained a strong lead through to the finish line. Looks like Yellow will be coming in third a day or so from now, and White (poor White!) is just coming around the first turn.

I keep my Zygocacti pruned back in order to have space for several varieties, but unfortunately lost Crimson, one of the more common colours. I have not replaced it due to lack of room on their shelf; several pots of Yellow occupy most of the available space. Some day, I'll find an orange one at a price I can afford. I am only aware of one supplier, and they charge shipping fees equal or greater than the value of the plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment