Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Doctor Who



Day 70: To me, Christmas has always been a time of anticipation. That's half the fun, right? I've never been one for poking into packages or trying to read through the wrapping paper. In fact, I generally avoid handling Christmas gifts lest I guess what's inside them and spoil the surprise. That said, although I do participate in a rather elaborate gift exchange with two friends, living alone places me under the scope of Santa's radar and to offset that, I always buy myself a present for under the tree and then make myself wait until Christmas Day to open it.

Okay, yes, I admit I bought myself a microscope several weeks ago, but I had an immediate need for it, so it couldn't very well go under the tree unopened. However, when Lego released their Doctor Who set, I found myself considering purchasing a toy for myself. I was doing a good job of resisting temptation until I visited an astronomer friend who showed me hers, fresh off the shelf. Sigh. What could I do? I ordered it.

Here you see the unopened package. It will remain unopened until Christmas morning. It's only a few more days. I think I can muster that much resolve. (Be it noted that this will be my first experience with Legos. They've become much more complex than they were when I was a teen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment