Sunday, December 27, 2015

More Christmas Fun



Day 75: Warning! There are people out there who want you to Grow Up. You know who I mean. Maybe you work with them. Maybe they live next door. Maybe they're even some of your closest friends. Somewhere along the line they did, and now they want you to join them in their misery. If you've managed to get this far with some residual child in your soul, resist!

I think I was about ten when I first realized that something important to survival was fading from my life. Scientist that I was even then, I determined to isolate its essence in the hopes that I could tuck away a tiny bit of the distilled product in a safe location in my mind. For most purposes, I appear today to my colleagues and acquaintances to be a fully functioning adult, but there are a few close friends who know the Other Me, the child who enjoys silly songs, games and colouring books. I look forward to opening their gifts at any season, but especially at Christmas. Like any kid, I love Christmas morning.

So here's a bit of philosophy from a little old lady who never grew up: go be a kid for a while. And if you colour outside the lines...well, that's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment