Monday, January 11, 2016

Back In The Saddle


Day 90: Today marks the start of the Park's Winter Fitness Challenge for 2016, and I am not (repeat, NOT!) going to go for the Iron Ranger title this year. I've done it two years in a row just to prove that little old ladies are a force to be reckoned with, but it's time to step down and rest on my laurels. For one thing, it's a time-consuming job to achieve the aerobic equivalent of 18 walking miles every day for 12 weeks straight. It may lengthen your life, but it takes a substantial chunk out of it as well. Second and more importantly, I'm developing hip problems, very likely due to the abuses I've piled on this tiny body over the years. Still, I think I can pull off six miles a day for a total of 504 at the end of the run. That will more than cover the 409 miles required from our team of four. Day One is done, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment