Sunday, January 10, 2016

Why Cats Paint Frogs Ahead Of Time



Day 89: The last 18 hours of my life have been consumed by a computer issue, the upshot of which is that I have a new display driver which unfortunately is incompatible with PaintShopPro. In order to bring you today's image, I've had to use an older version of the program and the semi-retired computer on which it is installed. Suffice to say that this arrangement of "Book Spine Poetry" is all the humour I could muster.

"Why Cats Paint" and its spin-off cousins, "Why Paint Cats" and "Dancing With Cats" are three utterly marvelous expositions of post-processing skills and dry wit. Like many people, I was about halfway through "Why Cats Paint" before I realized my leg was being pulled, and the images which gave me the first solid evidence were a sequence taken of the same cat (Minnie) at work on a single piece of art. Oh, it was the same cat. I have no doubt about that, but the earlier photos show a bobbed tail while in the later ones, the tail is full length. Cats' tails simply do not grow back, certainly not in the space of a few hours. At that point, I went back to the beginning of the book and re-read it with a different eye, and laughed my way through to the end, the moreso that I had been effectively gulled by the creators. And living with cats, I realize now that the reason they paint frogs ahead of time is because that although they use tools, they are backwards animals at best.

No comments:

Post a Comment