Friday, January 29, 2016

This End Up


Day 108: I left my camera unattended in the office again, and Kevin's sideways pose brought up a memory from years ago when a friend was visiting. I am normally an "early to bed, early to rise" person, a strong contrast to the night-owl habits of my guest. Over the course of the evening, the conversation had drifted to quantum physics and relativity, carrying us well past the midnight hour, and I was getting a little pecky for being tired. When my friend remarked that I needed an "attitude adjustment" because I was complaining about being up past bedtime, I replied with the first thing which sprang to mind. It was a comment entirely within keeping to theme: "Yeah, I'm vertical and I need to be horizontal." The ba-da-bing took half a minute to occur.

Still trying to sort it out? "Attitude" is the operative word. Kevin has the right idea, too. Sometimes all you need is a little attitude adjustment to brighten a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment