Friday, October 7, 2016

It's Curtains For Me


Day 360: We all have times when we feel like we're losing control of our lives, our destinies. We may not realize it, but often our behaviour reflects that emotion in some way. For me, it usually manifests as a fit of furniture-moving. I put the harpsichord in the other corner of the living room, or I switch my bed around so my head and feet are pointing east-west instead of north-south. Usually, that minor adjustment to my attitude (pun intended) is sufficient to give the illusion that I've taken charge, and the mood passes. However, events of the last month or so have left me with the sensation of things being entirely out of my control, to the point that instead of moving furniture, I went out and bought new drapes and rods to replace those which have hung over my "picture windows" for the last thirty years. The drapes arrived several days ago; the rods showed up early this afternoon, and I've spent the day installing them. As far as regaining control of my life, I guess it's just curtains for me.

2 comments:

  1. So it was you in my dreams the past two nights moving all my furniture around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apparently didn't do enough to break the cycle. Got a flat tire in town today...but at least it was right in front of my tire store!

      Delete