Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dragon-Scale Fingerless Gloves


Day 59: During a recent training session in the Park, the woman sitting next to me kept her hands occupied by crocheting. I was intrigued by the overlapping scale pattern on the fingerless gloves she was making. Although I made them on slightly heavier yarn than the pattern suggests, they would be very quick to turn out even in a fingering weight.

It's interesting that presenters normally pass out "fidget" items during training. It seems to me that the practice would be counter-productive. In fact, I could not concentrate on what our instructors were saying if I was engrossed in the colouring-book pages we each were given. I did manage to construct a daisy out of pipe-cleaners, but I still felt that my full attention was not where it should have been during that ten-minute space of time. I've always thought I was pretty good at multi-tasking, but the experience showed me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment