Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Big Blonde Sparrows


Day 98: My east-coast friends get very excited when they spot a Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus). I keep telling them, "I see 'em almost every time I go to town. Out here, they're like sparrows...big blonde sparrows." These photos show three out of the sixteen I observed in the space of twenty minutes. Two were juveniles, one near the confluence of the Nisqually River and Ohop Creek, and the other alongside Alder Lake. The others were in Eatonville, drawn by a "fish dump" of salmon carcases (a habitat-restoration practice) in the Mashel River, nine at Smallwood Park. Iggles, schmiggles...what's the big deal? I'll trade you east-coasters a half dozen for just ONE Chickadee who will hold still long enough for me to get a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment