Saturday, October 7, 2017

National Park Rustic


Day 359: They call the architectural style "National Park Rustic," although this was the first time I'd seen it applied to a bicycle rack. The last time I'd hiked up to Round Pass, a standard bent-pipe frame had been standing in this spot, provided for those wheeling stalwarts who wanted to take on the challenge of the rocky road. I'm not a strong cyclist, so I'd never taken my bike, figuring that I'd have to push it almost all the way just so I could ride slowly down. No, it's boot leather for me, not tires, not even with the improvements they've made to the closed portion of Westside Road. That said, a lot of work went into the creation of this National Park Rustic rack, achieving the style's goal of keeping Park architecture as visually non-intrusive as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment