Sunday, October 8, 2017

Hoopingcrow


Day 360: Meet Hoopingcrow, my stitchery assistant. Geocaching friends know me as Hoppingcrow, so when this bird-like creature moved into my house and was assigned the task of holding a variety of needlework hoops, "Hoopingcrow" was a logical extension. He has seen many quilts in his day as well as assorted cross-stitch, needlepoint, bargello and crewel projects. His jointed body and neck make it possible to adjust his height to a comfortable level regardless of where I'm sitting, and of course he makes it possible to have one hand on top of my work and the other underneath. I've never had floor space to dedicate to a full-sized quilting frame, and although I have to change "screens" much more frequently, working with a hoop when quilting only requires a little more care than having the fabric fully stretched. Secure pinning and/or basting does the trick. At this point, Hoopingcrow and I have completed seven of the 63 Patience Corner blocks, a ninth of the way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment