Saturday, February 10, 2018

Elegant Mousetrap



Day 120: A semi-surprise Valentine's gift from one of my two sisters-of-the-heart arrived in yesterday's mail, "semi" because my other sister-of-the-heart accidentally let the cat...mouse...out of the bag because hers arrived a day earlier. That said, although I knew the package contained L. A. Burdick's wonderfully delicious chocolate mice, I did not know they had been confined in wooden box wrapped with a red ribbon and sealed with a wax imprint. Talk about building a better mousetrap! This eminently elegant device had captured nine, three each of three different species. All are feather-light ganache at their hearts, flavoured either with orange juice, port wine or espresso/kirsch. The sister who inadvertently revealed the surprise goes by the nickname of Goldfinch. And for the gift itself, I thank the other sister...Mousie! (Hmmmm...wonder if anybody makes chocolate crows?)

No comments:

Post a Comment