Thursday, February 8, 2018

Tree Shells


Day 118: "We smells tree shells by the tree core." I'm not going to hazard a guess as to the identity of these blush-pink beauties. I was simply taken by the elegance of their spiralling form. They have gills and no stipes, and the largest was approximately an inch laterally. The length was somewhat more, but it was hard to tell where one left off and another one began. They were growing on a live Doug fir on the Trail of the Shadows in Longmire.

Walking around Trail of the Shadows, I realize I am not as fully recovered from the January plague as I thought. My co-workers even commented that I didn't seem to be my usual perky self. I was glad to be back at my desk, glad to get out for that brief walk in the forest. Spring is coming, and there are rare plants to find. I need to get back on my game, and there's nothing quite like the beauty of Nature to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment