Sunday, March 4, 2018

Mood Knitting


Day 142: Let's put it this way: I'm already in a vile mood. I might as well get some more of that damn pink yarn out of the way. I am an Angry Bird, and there is a pending Crow-'splosion just waiting for an opportunity to afford itself. I'm sure I don't need to point to the major factor in my discontent (mild word, that), but there are a myriad of other smaller thorns festering in my side, most of which have some connection to the internet. The social media scene is not my cup of tea, and reading daily about things I am powerless to change is depressing in the extreme. That said, the internet is like an addictive drug. It pulls you back, no matter how hard you try to struggle out of its grip. I use the excuse "I have to do my blog post," and the next thing I know, I'm swearing at Facebook, not just for splashing my screen with the Fat Bastard's ugly face on every page, but for salting my feed with material in which I have no interest at all. My patience and tolerance are suffering even outside the world of my computer, and my temper is on a three-star short fuse. At the very least, I need a Facebook vacation, but somebody please alert me when the impeachment proceedings begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment