Monday, November 5, 2018

Child Under Twelve


Day 23: One of my mother's pet phrases is applicable here: "Never give a child under twelve a choice of more than one." I am having a horrible time deciding what to weave next. With the exception of the small reels of metallics in the lower left, all of these threads are cotton, mostly 8/2 weight. That means they're perfect for dish towels and tablecloths, but too light for placemats and too heavy for garments like shirts or blouses. The 8/2 weight is also my favourite for weaving. Should I make a rainbow check tablecloth in a simple twill? Should I do an overshot, colours floating above a creamy natural tabby? What about...oh, what about new cafe curtains for the kitchen window? Hmmmm...that thought is worth consideration. Child under twelve is going to have to settle on something instead of just batting the options around.

No comments:

Post a Comment