Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Border Security


Day 123: Whether clueless, curious or defiant, the number of people who think these signs do not apply to them have necessitated the stationing of a State Patrol officer at the junction of SR 706 and Hwy 7 in Elbe. I got out just fine, but in order to return home, I had to show identification before I was allowed up the road. SR 706 is a mess of limbs and trees fallen like jackstraws, downed power lines and work crews labouring valiantly to restore power and phone service to residents of the upper Nisqually Valley. Hwy 7 has its share of trees across the road, but the major obstacle there is an accident involving multiple semis which has yet to be fully cleared away. That said, my portion of the road is clear. My power has stayed on, although it's fluttered a few times (probably as crews change over the service from one line to another). I still have internet. And I have enough milk to last me into the next decade, thanks to Kevin and another friend who, lacking any connections, didn't get my morning message. A new supply of cat food has been laid in for the Fussy Eater, and my library book stack has been replenished. If the snow flies again as well it may, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment