Monday, March 18, 2019

Now Available For Occupancy


Day 156: I have had a lot on my plate lately, and hanging up the swallow houses had entirely slipped my mind even though I'd cleaned them thoroughly when I took them down last fall: simple task, five minutes max, and something I normally do around March 1. Yesterday morning (St. Patrick's Day), I happened to be looking out the kitchen window just as a prospective renter swooped up under the eaves, a few days early for either Violet Greens or Tree Swallows to my yard. He/she did a double-take, made a second dismayed pass, puzzled by the absence of familiar accommodations. Realizing that I'd neglected my little avian friends' needs, I darted out the door to remedy the issue. Pussywillow Cottage and the House of Chirp are now available for occupancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment