Saturday, May 25, 2019

A Spectacular Show


Day 224: I have to admit that Adenium obesum "Joyful" is putting on a much more spectacular show than I'd expected. The first flower began opening two weeks ago and was in full display a few days later. That first bloom is not yet showing signs of wilting, and two more have opened beneath it with more developing on the primary stem. The second stem also has buds, although they're still small at this point. If the pattern of development holds true (and there's no reason it should not), the blooming season for this remarkable succulent will cover more than a month. Adeniums require special attention with respect to water requirements, demanding dry conditions in the dormant time and more frequent watering when the plant is growing/blooming. If I am successful in keeping this one alive for a year, I will certainly be considering adding more Adeniums to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment