Wednesday, May 8, 2019

I've Got The Blues


Day 207: I've got the blues, and I mean that in the best possible way. I had never realized how difficult it was to find plants with vibrantly blue flowers until I started trying to theme my flower beds. I started with delphiniums because they came with the house, planted lobelia to fill in and then promptly regretted it when it turned weedy. What other possibilities were available for a true blue? I tried cornflowers, but could only find them in a mix of colours which leaned strongly toward pink. Blue columbine was a must-have, and I found several variations, pulling out the old pink-rose ones and replacing them with blues and purples. Then I discovered Lithodora, a creeping groundcover which is as blue a blue as you could possibly ever hope to find. Little by little, my garden began singing the blues. My, that's music to my eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment