Saturday, May 11, 2019

Plectritis Congesta



Day 210: From its common name Shortspur Seablush, you would expect that Plectritis congesta would grow close to the coast. I didn't know what it was when I found it in Rimrock County Park near Eatonville a few days ago, so because I was very excited about discovering Erythronium oreganum in the same general area, it went in my files under "Identify." Things in "Identify" tend to get nudged off the board when I transfer files to secondary storage, but I happened to be looking back over the last week's photos and noticed that I hadn't dealt with it yet. I was prepared to accept that it was an escapee from someone's garden, and will admit that I was somewhat surprised to learn that it's native with a range from Vancouver Island to California. It is not found outside the western states, and makes a second "Life List" plant I've discovered in Rimrock Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment