Sunday, May 12, 2019

Wrong Waterfall



Day 211: On a typical work day, I have half an hour ot so to take a little hike. If my other work is done, I can extend that by searching out material for my weekly Park Facebook posts. To that end, I decided I'd take a long-abandoned trail up the south side of the Nisqually River in the hopes of finding an odd lichen, a new grove of Calypso orchids or some other noteworthy plant. I'd projected my turn-around point to be at the waterfall visible from the Longmire bridge. I didn't make it. Another waterfall got in my way. The streams in the Park are running at spring levels, swollen with snowmelt and therefore dangerous to attempt crossing. As they say, "discretion is the better part of valor," so I cut my exploration short and put it back on the list for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment