Saturday, November 30, 2019

Fractal Fantasy



Day 48: Yeah, I know...it's the time of the year when everybody posts pictures of ice, but ol' Jack did such a lovely job of decorating my bin last night that I can't resist. You could get lost exploring the fractal coastline described by his crystalline map of fjords, inlets and bays, but only for a few minutes until you became aware that his nippers were getting dangerously close to portions of your anatomy you'd prefer to keep intact. Western Washington is experiencing a cold snap of unusual depth for late November. Here, the last several nights have held just barely above 20 F., and the afternoons haven't crept above 40. Twenty years ago, I'd have thought nothing of going for a snowshoe/hike or casting a line to the prospect of a dinner of fresh salmon, but these days, those temperatures even curtail my appreciation of frosty art.

No comments:

Post a Comment