Friday, November 29, 2019

A Twist On Honey-Lamb


Day 47: After assessing the cinnamon fleece I bought last weekend at the Ashford bazaar, I decided I'd put a twist on "honey-lamb" (as I'd taken to calling it as I was spinning it), extending the amount of yarn it would yield by plying it with soft, sillky Corriedale. The result is one of the prettiest yarns I've ever spun, warm brown and creamy white wrapped around each other like the stripes on a candy cane. There will definitely be enough for a sweater when I'm done, perhaps a matching hat and mittens, or even a scarf. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a "fiber fascist." With the exception of rayon (which, if it comes right down to it, is actually cellulose), I want nothing to do with manufactured materials. Give me cotton, silk, linen and wool in natural colours, and pitch that nasty polyester in the bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment