Monday, November 11, 2019

Kitty Quilt


Day 29: The Kitty Quilt is done! It was stitched entirely on the machine, a process which has left me older and wiser. Never again will I try to wrestle the bulk of half a double-bed sized quilt through the arch of my small standard sewing machine, driving pins through my fingers and into the undersides of my forearms in the process. I am not entirely happy with the result which, owing to the struggle involved, created uneven and wobbly stitching, less than perfect "meets" where the window frames come together. Still, the combination of coloured background and white frames is not possible if using the traditional piecing method for Cathedral Window, and it was that look which appealed to me and why I made the attempt. That said, it turned out fairly well for not having the proper equipment to assemble it. I have enough kitty prints to make another quilt (perhaps in a different style), so now I am debating: keep it, or donate it to the Nisqually Land Trust's fund-raiser auction?

No comments:

Post a Comment