Sunday, November 10, 2019

Streets, Shamrocks, DNA


Day 28: If Mousie is amazed, so am I in how rapidly her quilt is progressing. That's not to say I'll have it done in anything under a year, but I have completed the hand-stitching of 15 of the 24 "streets" which includes shadow-quilting and a twisted-ribbon design running the length of each one (a pattern I refer to as "DNA" because it's a half-double helix). I've also filled in the nine shamrocks at the intersections and some additional work near the broad borders. I am not devoting myself exclusively to this project, no. In fact, today I've been hard at work on machine-finishing the cathedral window kitty quilt, and in the evening when I feel my back needs a break, I'm hand-stitching orange-themed Dresden Plates to dark brown broadcloth (I'm going to hate myself when it comes time to quilt that). But...and here's the important part of today's post...if schedules can be tweaked to coincide, my two sisters-of-the-heart are planning to come out to the Pacific Northwest for a quilting bee some time in the coming months. This quilt is going to have quite the historic lineage!

No comments:

Post a Comment