Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Monochrome In Colour


Day 87: It was good to be back in the office today, although after an absence of a little over a month, I wasn't sure I was going to make it through all the emails and applications which had backed up. That said, I was hoping for a few minutes to take a walk in the snow, but it wasn't in the cards. On the up side, Arnie called to discuss the Tomie folios, and with Kevin's help, I may now have some hope of "translating" the cross-written pages. Snow fell almost continuously throughout the day, sometimes drifting down as a fine shower of flakes, other times becoming so dense that I could hardly see the road from our window, Mother Goose shaking out her featherbed with a vengeance. The monochrome landscape was broken only by the occasional bright orange plow. Even the visitors (what few there were) were clad in muted colours. As Kevin and I drove out, snow diminished at the entrance but picked up again by the time we reached Ashford. My yard is as white as Longmire. Winter has come at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment