Friday, April 17, 2020

Shadow On The Sky


Day 187: In a concerted effort to avoid both people and traffic, I've been taking daily walks just one side or the other of sunrise. It's my favourite time of day in any event, although it's been a bit on the chilly side. Sometimes I see elk (oftener than not). Sometimes I hear the Varied Thrush's first announcement of the day. Other times, I watch tendrils of mist rise as the ground warms, inviting the robins to search for insects and worms. On this rare day, atmospheric conditions aligned perfectly to have the Mountain cast a faint shadow on the sky as the sun crept toward the horizon. Had I not gone when I did, had I waited fifteen minutes to begin my walk, I would have missed it. It's moments like these which make me think getting out of bed is worth it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment