Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Seeing Stars


Day 331: As I sit here anxiously waiting for Mousie to get home from work to open the enormous box UPS left on her doorstep two hours ago, I am working on three quilts at once, although all three are in various stages of progress. The Patience Corner quilt is on the frame, edging closer to completion of its handwork with every passing day. The hexagon blocks are made, and I'm machine-sewing them together with dividing rows of white hexagons, and in between, I'm cutting and piecing a new pattern of 8" blocks called "Twinkle, Twinkle Scrappy Star" according to a YouTube tutorial. It is purportedly "easy to piece," but I am not finding it so. I'm struggling with every meet. On the other hand, the hexagons are supposed to be difficult, and they're going together effortlessly, again thanks to explicit instructions found on YouTube. That said, the finished blocks of Scrappy Star trim up nicely to size, and since the points of the stars do not touch those in the adjacent blocks, it should be quick to sew together. I may run "streets and alleys" between the blocks, possibly using a star print to carry the theme. It's a good pattern for using up leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment