Monday, November 23, 2020

Batt, Back, Sew!


Day 41: When I pulled Patience Corner off the quilting frame, I couldn't immediately mount the Hexagons in its place. I still had to apply the outer row of white hexagons to two sides, and then add a straight-edged border fabric, tasks which I've completed over the last three days. The next step is to batt and back it, i.e., lay a piece of muslin out on my living room floor, cover it with a layer of quilt batting and then safety-pin the quilt top (above) to the lower layers. I've left a wide border for ease of mounting on the frame, but that will be trimmed down to three inches once the border is hand-quilted. Each hexagon will be shadow-quilted, with six-petalled flowers in the center of each gold hexagon. It should go fairly quickly, which is to say that I will be able to finish it in something under a year. Ready, set, go? No, that's "Batt, Back Sew!" and she's off and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment