Friday, December 18, 2020

Leftovers

Day 66: Leftovers are always good, whether they're cold pizza for breakfast or thrums from the loom. With a bag of three-foot long warp tails in hand, I set up the rigid heddle loom using natural 6/2 cotton as my warp with the intention of making paired but random six-throw stripes to use them up. I spaced each pair with six throws of natural, and because I thought I had forgotten to roll up my stitch counter at one point, I wove straight through a 34-inch length. The piece will be cut in half and seamed up the sides to make vertical (not horizontal) stripes on two small bags roughly seven inches square. The bags will be lined with a lightweight fabric. I still have a lot of thrums left in these colours to make some sort of strap/handle. As a sidebar to this, it looks as if I'll have two or three other projects finished up by bedtime, leaving several open spaces on my crafts calendar. I wonder what other long-ignored needleart I can drag out of hiding to relieve pandemic ennui?

No comments:

Post a Comment